• Fills and seals in one pass; material bonds well to the surrounding surface, provides a watertight seal and protects the area from future damage
• Suitable for high stress; heavy traffic areas, motorways, trunk roads, roundabouts and junctions
• Quick to treat large areas; the thermo-setting material can treat large areas very quickly, up to 200 sq.m in a shift
• Track Record; with extensive use on the motorway and trunk road network including the M25, Masterscreed can withstand heavy traffic situations
• Fully contracted service; we can take care of everything required to carry out the works. Our teams are self sufficient and can manage the works from start to finish
• Work can be carried out overnight; to minimise disruption to traffic, Masterscreed works can be carried out during overnight lane closures or restricted daytime working hours
• Quick curing; the materials cool in approximately 30 minutes before opening to traffic and the roadway can be open for the morning rush hour
Masterscreed is a versatile material capable of treating many different types of surface defect including:
• Ravelling / fretting
• Chipping loss
• Surface deterioration
• Opened up longitudinal seam joints
• Vehicle fire/burn-outs
• Filling cats eye holes
• Shallow potholes
Masterscreed has a thermosetting binder with added aggregates, which is applied to the road surface in a molten state (approximately 180°c). The material then flows and fills the existing voids, binding the surface together and suspending the aggregates to provide a skid resistant surface repair material.
Benefits of the system
1) Material heated on-site in a truck mounted boiler, ensuring that enough material is available for the job in hand. Additional materials are added to the boiler as required.
2) Material delivered to site cold as a bagged material, negating the need to leave asphalt plants open overnight for relatively small quantities.
3) Potholes and defects do not need to be cut out and squared-off as with traditional hot asphalt repairs. Masterscreed is applied directly to the surface.
4) Quick application of up to 200 sq.m in a shift and a curing time of approximately 30 minutes. This means traffic disruption is minimalised with sites re-opened to traffic quickly after completion of the works. Masterscreed is often applied during a night time shift with the site fully re-opened by the morning rush hour.
5) Versatile material which can be applied in small patches or full carriageway width. The process is hand laid and can treat any size patch, so there is no need for minimum volumes of cut out and patch often associated with patching by asphalt paver machines.
6) Thickness from 3mm; at its thinnest, a 3mm to 5mm coat can be applied. Depths up to 20mm can be treated in one pass and for deeper patches, the material can be layered to achieve the required finish. Isolated areas can be treated by layering at much greater depths, but if large quantities of work were of this nature, we would suggest switching to Jointmaster IMP.
7) Quick alternative to cut out and hot patch.